Terms of Service
Cebuya Corp. Terms of Service
By using the Cebuya Corp. website, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Cebuya Corp. reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to those changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.cebuya.com/terms
- A valid email address is required in order to complete the signup process.
- The student may be required to provide Cebuya Corp. with certain contact information in order to comply with Canadian tax law.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple students is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. Cebuya Corp. cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to protect your login information, including your password.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your Account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment and Refunds
- Payments must be made through PayPal. For your security Cebuya Corp. does not store any credit card or bank information.
- The student is responsible for meeting all technical requirements of the Service. The student may ask Cebuya Corp. for assistance in understanding and fulfilling the technical requirements, but they remain the student's responsibility. Cebuya Corp. is not obligated to give any refund if the student attempts to access the Cebuya Corp. website or any part of the Service without meeting the technical requirements.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- Once a payment has been made, the payment is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only Canadian (federal or provincial) taxes.
Modifications to the Service and Fees
- Cebuya Corp. reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time for any reason with or without notice.
- Cebuya Corp. reserves the right to change our fees and prices at any time.
Cancellation and Termination
- Students wishing to have their accounts disabled must send Cebuya Corp. a request through email or the contact form on the Cebuya Corp. website (http://www.cebuya.com/contact). The request should include the login and email address of your Account. Though not required, Cebuya Corp. requests that the reason for the Account being disabled also be included in the request.
- Any comments you have written will remain on the Cebuya Corp. website.
- Cebuya Corp., in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Cebuya Corp. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- You will use the Service solely for personal, educational purposes.
- You may not sell, resell, or distribute any content (text, images, audio, video, etc.) from the Cebuya Corp. website or the Service.
You may not copy any significant amount of content off of the Cebuya website. This applies even if the content will be used for personal purposes only. There are a few specific exceptions. These may be copied from the Cebuya website for personal use only. None of the content may be redistributed or made accessible to others. The content is for you, the student, only. These exceptions are listed here:
The lesson plan for any lessons you registered for (and did not cancel). You may copy the lesson plan only, not the pages for all the content referenced by the lesson plan. The permitted content includes:
- List of keywords
- List of companies
- List of articles
- Discussion questions
The discussion follow-up for a Cebuya lesson (which may be sent by email or published on the website). Note: a follow-up is not guaranteed for every lesson. The permitted content from the follow-up includes:
- Recording of the discussion
- Mentor's Notes from the discussion
- Answers to the discussion questions
- Your account history (including past orders)
- The order summary for each order you have placed
- Comments you wrote
- Feedback you received from your Cebuya Corp. mentor
- The lesson plan for any lessons you registered for (and did not cancel). You may copy the lesson plan only, not the pages for all the content referenced by the lesson plan. The permitted content includes:
- Cebuya Corp. owns the intellectual property rights to any and all protectable components of the Service, including but not limited to the name of the Service, artwork and end-user interface elements contained within the Service, many of the individual features, and the related documentation. You may not copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, or dissemble any aspect of the Service which Cebuya Corp. owns.
- By writing comments, notes, or other content on the Cebuya Corp. website, you transfer to Cebuya Corp. all rights and copyright related to that Content. Cebuya Corp. may use this Content in any way we see fit.
- Cebuya Corp. reserves all rights to any feedback you receive from Cebuya Corp. mentors.
- The content (audio, visual, written, or other) of all discussions held as part of lessons with Cebuya Corp. are copyright Cebuya Corp. Cebuya Corp. reserves all rights. You give Cebuya Corp. permission to use this in any way we see fit, including (but not limited to) marketing, research, or training materials.
Links to External Websites
- Cebuya Corp. links to many external websites. We do not control the content of these websites and cannot be responsible for this content. This includes the links from the Cebuya Corp. website to news articles. The publishers of these articles may move the articles or stop making them available online for free. Cebuya Corp. is not responsible for this; you will receive no refund for content on third-party websites being no longer available.
- The Cebuya Corp. website may link to other websites for currency conversions. These links are for informational purposes only. The rates provided are estimates of mid-market rates. They do not indicate the actual amount the student will have to pay.
- You will not do anything to intentionally disrupt the Cebuya Corp. website or any Cebuya Corp. customers or students.
- You will use the mentor-feedback-on-writing features of the Cebuya Corp. website in a reasonable way. If you write more than approximately 1000 words per month or per lesson you are registered in, your account will be flagged. You may be asked to write fewer (or shorter) comments.
- You will not access an excessive amount of audio content.
- You will not attempt to access the audio content in any way other than the flash player provided by the website.
- You will not download and store the audio content for any purpose (including personal use).
- You will not publish or distribute any links directly to any audio content. You may only link to the HTML web page.
- You give Cebuya Corp. the right to record all discussion/speaking sessions and use them for any purpose. Cebuya Corp. will respect the privacy of the students, but you are responsible for what you say during the discussion sessions.
Cebuya Corp.'s uses of these recordings may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating the service
- Training (staff, subcontractors, etc.)
- Customer service
- Improving the Product/Service
- Discussion sessions are conducted using SkypeTM
- You agree to use SkypeTM for the discussions.
- Cebuya Corp. is not responsible for the SkypeTM software. Cebuya Corp. is not obligated to provide technical support for SkypeTM.
- You are responsible for installing SkypeTM and maintaining your SkypeTM account.
- If you are unable to use SkypeTM, Cebuya Corp. may, at its sole discretion, offer a refund.
- If you are disrupting a discussion session because of a poor internet connection, a slow computer, a bad microphone, or a similar technical problem, Cebuya Corp. may, at its discretion, disconnect you from the conference call and offer you a refund. If the technical issue can be resolved, it will be an account credit. If not, Cebuya Corp. may, at its sole discretion, offer a cash refund.
- Cebuya Corp. reserves the right to cancel a lesson or discussion if not enough students are registered. If we do this, we will offer compensation to any students who are registered for the canceled lesson.
- Cebuya Corp. is not obligated to provide compensation greater than a cash refund of the lesson's registration fee. However, Cebuya and the student may agree to alternative compensation.
- This contract will be enforced and interpreted based on the laws in Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Any dispute will be handled in Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Disputes will be handled in English.
Languages other than English
- Translations into languages other than English are for your convenience only.
- The English version of any document or text is the official version. If there is any discrepancy, the English version applies.
- Cebuya Corp. is never obligated to communicate with the students in any language other than English.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You agree not to resell, duplicate, reproduce, or exploit any part of the Service without the express written permission of Cebuya Corp.
- You may not use the Service to store, host, or send unsolicited email (spam) or SMS messages.
We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion
- Are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; or
- Violate any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You understand that the Service can be used for transmission of your Content, and that during processing, your Content, including invoices, payment reminders, and personal messages, may be transferred unencrypted over the internet.
- You may not use the service to transmit any viruses, worms, or malicious content.
- Cebuya Corp. does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- Cebuya Corp., its affiliates, and its sponsors are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Service. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service is to stop using the Service.
- If any provision of the Terms of Service is held invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby.
- The failure of Cebuya Corp. to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Cebuya Corp. and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Cebuya Corp. (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions regarding the Terms of Service should be sent to "contact -- at -- cebuya.com" .